Mailing lists, and fair play.

John johnmb at MINDSPRING.COM
Sun Mar 23 21:04:23 EST 1997

>At 04:05 PM 3/23/97 -0800, you wrote:
>>> Date:          Sun, 23 Mar 1997 08:08:06 -0800
>>

>>> A note about the new Boatanchors list I've started.  I hope it flies -
>only because I HATE seeing anyone make money from our hobby

       Hmmm.

        Having been on the original boatanchors list since day one,
with it's inception on acidqueen.sun.com, I'll not let this pass without
some correction.

        The maintainers of the other list are likely working for pennies
an hour, given the unending bounced mail reports, gripes from
subscribers, and the general unstable nature of internet mail
addressing, that IS life as an internet mailing list keeper. There is
FAR more work involved in running a sucessful list than just turning
majordomo loose and standing back.

        My hat is off to the maintainers of the original Boatanchors list..
which at a nickel a day is easily the best bargin in ham radio... and
anyone taking shots at the listkeepers there, and their intentions
in this way, is misrepresenting the facts.

        Respectfully,
        /John
        WB5OAU/4