What a Great Idea!

Gary Harmon gharmon at TXDIRECT.NET
Sun Mar 23 21:48:37 EST 1997

Hello fellow Heathkit lovers.  My first kit and transmitter was a DX-35 in
1957 coupled with a S-53A receiver.  Used a dipole and a 15m beam called a
"Catfish Special" because it was bamboo poles covered with tin foil.  Don't
laugh, it worked very good.  Also had a DX-100/SB-10 combo with a SX-101A.
This is the stuff memories are made of!!

Presently have 49 different Heathkit items with 17 dupes for a total of 66,
not counting test equipment.  Also have started a collection of flyers and
catalogues.  Have about 83 total including dupes.  Need a catalogue or copy
for 53/60/61/63/66/67/71/75/85/92.

Looking for a Tener lunchbox and one of the little calibrator knobs for the
SB series.

Finally for Bob/W9RAN......I have a AK-5 and you don't.  :-)

73 all,
gary

Gary H. Harmon, Jr., K5JWK
6302 Robin Forest