Greetings-II

Steve Ellington n4lq at IGLOU.COM
Sat Mar 22 11:07:26 EST 1997

Richard H. Arland wrote:

> Gang:
>
> Almost forgot. I'm in  the middle of restoring a HR-1610 receiver. Does
> anyone have any experience with one of these. Mine is a real D-O-G! Lots
> of birdies, no S-meter deflection unless I put 20dB of signal into the
> antenna, the VFO is intermittant (I think that I have that fixed), low
> sensitivity, and the "10B" band does not oscillate all the time.
>
> Also: my wife, Tricia, assembled her first Heathkit....a Cantenna....when
> we were first married back in England. Been using that Cantenna ever
> since!
>
> Glad this list is up and running. Been too long with out it!
>
> 73 rich K7SZ

Yea...Some of the cheap Heath stuff was really the pits, especially
their cheap receivers. I suppose you get what you pay for most of the
time.

I bought a Cantenna in 1971 and the resistor was off value by 10 ohms.
They sent me another one though and I'm still using it 26 years later.
BTW, I used real tranformer oil from the power company.

Steve N4LQ