My intro...

Dave gekko95 at IX.NETCOM.COM
Tue Mar 25 15:41:25 EST 1997

Hello fellow Heathens!  Nice to have the group together.

Just for my group intro, my first ham rig was a Heath HW-7 as
a novice in 1973 (some novice rig, eh?)  That's the only
Heath I ever built, but have owned a number of other rigs.
Never worked a single station outside my hometown as a novice
with it.  Later got an S-85 and Globe Scout 680.  After I
'knew how to do it', I worked the world on 2 watts!

Christmas '75 brought a used SB-101 and loved it.  Always dreamed of a
301/401 station with all the goodies.

In '81 I bought a DX-60 (not B - still have it) and a
DX-100 (dang, I wish I'd kept that one!) that I used with
a Realistic AX-200 receiver (also wish I'd kept!)

Then came the dry spell of off-the-air time through most
of the 80's and early 90's.  Just got back on the air
with a vengence a year ago with a Kenwood TS-820.  I've
been gathering gear with a passion ever since.  Here's the
current lineup:

        SB-301 / SB-401  (FINALLY got it!)
        SB-630 SB-610 SB-600

        HW-7 (not the original one I built :(

        DX-40 - use it at least 2 or 3 times a week on CW and AM

        DX-60

Plus in the Non-Heath but Golden Oldies catagory:

        HQ-100AC Receiver
        Drake 2C Receiver
        Drake R4B Receiver
        Drake T4XC w/MS4 Transmitter
        Hallicrafters SR-150 (awesome rig)
        Hallicrafters HA-5 VFO (use with DX-40)
        Hallicrafters HA-1 Keyer
        Hallicrafters S-38 (non a,b,c or d)
        Hallicrafters SX-133 Receiver
        Swan 250 6-meter rig
        Realistic DX-160
        (Kenwood TS820 CW Monitor)
        (Kenwood R1000 CW Monitor)

My main rig?  Can't decide if I like the Drake line or the SB line better.
So I divide my time equally!  LOVE the DX-40 - even SMELLS right! Plus
I have a 6V6 homebrew 40m rig (7.0472 rock bound) that runs 8 or so watts.

And the list just keeps growing!  All of the rigs are up and operating on a
massive TR-switch system that allows me to pair any transmitter with any
receiver dynamically, and switch between several receivers during a single
QSO.  Very handy (and fun!) to compare the different rigs in 'real time'.
I will be making the TR system computer based next month.  Then I will be
able to pick my favorite pairs and call them up.

I too am looking for an SB-620 panadapter to complete my SB-lineup.

Sorry if I took too much disk space.  Look forward to hearing lots
from the group.

Many 73's

Dave WB7AWK

               Better 35EH5 Designs for Better Living