Help w/HW-101

jerry jerry at OTHERSIDE.COM
Fri Mar 28 23:32:01 EST 1997

Gang,

I have an old hw-101 that I recently picked up at a hamfest.  The Rx is not
too bad, just needs aligning but the Tx has problems.  When I first
transmitted with it, into a dummy load, it was showing 90 or so watts
output although it was kinda ragged and the output fell off pretty fast in
the tune position.  Now I'am only getting about 2 watts output, probably
from the driver.  I checked the finals and they checked out ok and even
tried another set of tubes with the same results.  Also, the driver tube
checks out ok and I'm getting B+ to the finals.

Anyone know the most logical way of testing this problem or have any ideas?
 Should I go through the alignment procedure?

Really glad to see this list start up as I'm into the "green junk".  I have
another '101 and (3) hw-16's with the hg-10 vfo and a sb-610, couple of
hm-102's, cantenna, sb-600 and misc. other small things from Heath and
looking for more.

Thanks es 73

Jerry
WD9CTB