Greetings and glad to be aboard

Stephan Woytowicz ski at 2ND-OPINION.COM
Sat Mar 29 05:43:49 EST 1997

Hello to everyone,

My first foray into amateur radio was real homebrew, building from winding
coil forms on medicine bottles. My first kits were a Knight T-60 and the
"Conar Twins" from National Radio Institute. My first Heathkit was a DX-60
with HG10. I have built and owned a HW18, HW2036A, Twoer, Sixer, and a
plethora of Heath test gear (still own the test gear and I have committed
to leave it to my son - Yes Heath gear gets passed down in this family!).

I have owned and worked on others over the years such as the HW16, HW20,
HW100, HW101, and too many more to list. I have been inactive in the hobby
due to work, but this list has sparked the interest again. My little son
(age 6) is already practicing CW on the HEATH code oscillator which I built
over 20 years ago with a straight key. Like father - like son. I hope to
have him licensed soon.

I had a heavy heart when Heath closed it's doors, but this list could
provide the right jump start for a Heath renaissance. I wonder if, as the
numbers on this list grow large enough, if they or someone would consider
resurrecting Heathkit?

When I was coming up in the world, they certainly provided me with a great
value in equipment, well designed and affordable. It also gave me good job
skills and hours of pleasure building them.

I have enjoyed reading all the posts so far, and I must say that this list
is probably going to become my favorite very fast.

Thanks for your memories too! They are very motivating.

73
Stephan - KI6PB
In the beginning, God created Heathkit, and said "Let there be Amateur Radio!"