Info about Eico?

Robert S. Capon RobCap at AOL.COM
Tue May 13 08:15:21 EDT 1997

Hi Folks-

I just picked up a couple of unassembed Eico kits, the decade resistor box
and the 717K keyer.  The keyer is 1970 vintage and is HUGE!  It's
cube-shaped, approximately 8 inches in each dimension.  The kits have an
excellent quality feel.  First class metal work and instructions, with a
photograph of the plant in New York, which looks quite substantial.

I'm sorry to say that I don't really know a lot about Eico.  Would somebody
care to post some information about the company?

In particular, I was wondering whether or not the Eico kits were well
respected.  Did they make only accessories, or did they produce full fledged
amateur transceivers?  Were the kits considered higher end, or lower end than
Heath?

Would appreciate any information.

73,

Rob, W3DX