Scratchy (egad!!) Apache

Alexander N. Gerli angerli at CONNIX.COM
Sat Oct 11 09:55:08 EDT 1997

Hi, Friends,

Well, she puts out like a bandit, but the audio is a plain mess. I've
heard distortion, but nothing as bad as this.

With the audio gain cracked open a quarter turn, and starting from full
off on the modulation level pot, listening on a monitor receiver with
the dummy load in place: there's no setting which sounds clean.

I know there are several electrolytic bypass caps in the audio chain
which should be suspect, along with several of the interstage coupling
caps, but which ones, and what values are recommended for decent audio?
Although it's not stock to do this, I would prefer audio quality better
than the 300-3000Hz original narrow range.

Can someone give me a tip ot two??

73,
Sandy Gerli, AC1Y
500 Country Club Road
Avon, CT   06001-2406
(860) 675-5566
E-MAIL: angerli at connix.com

REAL radios glow in the dark with firebottles,
and put a glow in the heart of the Boatanchor man!

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH