SB301/401 live!

Haney Howell howellh at WINTHROP.EDU
Wed Oct 15 15:39:21 EDT 1997

WINTHROP UNIVERSITY                               Electronic Mail Message
                                        Date:     15-Oct-1997 03:33pm EST
                                        From:     Haney Howell
                                                  HOWELLH
                                        Dept:     Mass Communication
                                        Tel No:   323-4534

TO:  Remote Addressee                     ( _smtp%"heath at listserv.tempe.gov" )

Subject: SB301/401 live!

The basket-case SB301 came to life yesterday and is now strapped to its mate.
Key to my success was putting it away for a week and coming back with fresh
eyes.  When I traced out the wiring, I found a wire neatly tucked into a tube
pin, unsoldered.  Over time it had worked further in, the wire insulation doing
what it was designed to do.  Resoldered the wire and bingo!  Good sensitivity,
very decent audio and a nice AM filter.  A couple of hours of tweaking brought
the pair up to snuff.  Still a trace of hum in the transmit audio.  Suspect the
big caps.

Still, It's nice to have this pair for $30!

Anyone have a source for the RG-62 cables needed for transceive?  Hell, I've
gone this far.  Might as well finish them up.

Thanks for all the good advice.

Now to find a SB200.

Haney   k2xn   <howellh at winthrop.edu>

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov