(Fwd) Located: an unbuilt Heathkit SB-220 kit! Interested? Read on...

M. Monninger markem at PRIMENET.COM
Mon Oct 20 22:13:08 EDT 1997

Greetings Heath Freaks...

Found this on the newsnet swap list. Thought y'all might find it of interest.
Respond to the original poster, not to me...

73...   Mark   AA7TA

Forwarded article follows:

Hi. I've discovered that my Uncle has an unbuilt Heathkit SB-220 linear
 amplifier kit. He bought it about 10 years ago, and never got around to
 building it. Or even opening it; the box is still factory-sealed and in
 perfect condition. It's been stored on the living level of his house, so it's
 been protected from moisture and temperature extremes. I've tried to convince
 him to advertise it, but he's undecided on whether he wants to sell it, or rip
 it open and build it.

I'd like to solicit expressions of interest in this item. I can't accept actual
 bids, because he hasn't yet decided to sell. But I'm sure that if he learns
 the going price is as high as I'm guessing it is, he will see the light and
 decide to sell.

So if you're interested, drop me a line and tell me how much you might be
 willing to pay for a virgin SB-220 kit. I'll pass the info along, and I think
 he'll decided to sell. Of course, the highest expressed interest level would
 get first right of refusal, and so forth down the list.

Sorry I can't be more definite about his selling it, but he says he just can't
 make up his mind. By the way, I get nothing out of the deal; just trying to
 help out my Uncle.

Thanks, and 73...

Mike, N4PDY

m_white at juno.com