SB301 dial

Haney Howell howellh at WINTHROP.EDU
Wed Oct 22 20:31:04 EDT 1997

WINTHROP UNIVERSITY                               Electronic Mail Message

                                        Date:     22-Oct-1997 08:24pm EST
                                        From:     Haney Howell
                                                  HOWELLH
                                        Dept:     Mass Communication
                                        Tel No:   323-4534

TO:  Remote Addressee                     ( _smtp%"heath at listserv.tempe.gov" )
TO:  Remote Addressee                     ( _smtp%"boatanchors at theporch.com" )

Subject: SB301 dial

Just pulled the panel (just "reverse engineered" the instruction manual),
loosened up the gunk in the bearing for the tuning, reset the nylon follow on
for the dial, gave the front panel a good cleaning and got it all back together.
 Wow.  I'm impressed with myself.  Tiz a far cry from the cruddy junker on the
ground in Shelby.

Now I'm getting compulsive.  The main dial is cracked and has been patched se-
veral times.  It works fine, but it would be nice to have one that's not cracked
and patched.  The dial from the SB series would work - 101/102/301/301.  Anyone
have on lying around or is parting out one of these goodies?  Keep me in mind.

Just about ready to order some paint and tackle the cabinets.

Haney  k2xn  <howellh at winthrop.edu>

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH