SB-301 minor problem...

William J. Graham bgraham at TECNET1.JCTE.JCS.MIL
Mon Sep 1 22:33:24 EDT 1997

I found one on the list once but the owner wanted more than I paid for
the sb301.  Mine works in am mode and I suspect the previous owner
"wired around" where the filter is inserted into the circuit. From
the drop in gain I'd gues there is somethin of a mismatch.

One of these days I need to take it apart again and see just what
he did as I didn't notice when I was fixoing it up since there wasn't
a filter there I didn't try am mode.

Would be interested in any info about mods that may have been published
for either "wring around" filter connections or making a substitute
filter.

73
Bill
N5LMX/DA1WG