SB 301/401 books

Haney Howell howellh at WINTHROP.EDU
Wed Sep 3 19:44:09 EDT 1997

WINTHROP UNIVERSITY                               Electronic Mail Message
                                        Date:     03-Sep-1997 07:35pm EST
                                        From:     Haney Howell
                                                  HOWELLH
                                        Dept:     Mass Communication
                                        Tel No:   323-4534

TO:  Remote Addressee                     ( _smtp%"heath at listserv.tempe.gov" )
TO:  Remote Addressee                     ( _smtp%"boatanchors at theporch.com" )

Subject: SB 301/401 books

It's the typlical Shelby tale... I spotted a speaker alongside a rather dirty
301/401 + monitor pair.  Picked up the speaker, asked the guy how much and we
settled on $30.  As I started to walk off with only the speaker, he told me I'd
forgotten the rest of the radios!

Both cleaned up and light up.  A quick electrolitic transplant in the
transmitter brought on some good voltages.  However, both need some work but I'm
determined now!

Does anyone have the manuals for the pair?  I have half of the 301 book (you
guessed it... the front half!) plus the schematic.  I have nothing on the 401.

The station monitor lost the relay somewhere along the way and it is up on the
shelf for now.  That's the one I have the full manual on!

Lots of green stuff at Shelby.  I sold off one of my DX100s plus a parts rig,
the Marauder and a patch.  My interest are shifting toward the earlier SSB rigs.
 Nick sold an Apache plus the big AM amp.  There were a few 101/102s kickintg
around but nothing like last year.

I'll gladly pay the going rate for an origional or copy.

Thanks

Haney  k2xn   <howellh at winthrop.edu>