Heath Equipment Sale

Keith Rowland k4kgw at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Sep 5 12:11:43 EDT 1997

Many thanks to the many people who inquired about my possibly putting up
all my Heath gear for sale, and to those who commented on the
feasibility and desireability of doing so.

Everyone, even many of those who were interested in buying, recommended
against selling.  The deciding factor was my XYL's reaction.  She, to
put it mildly, could not believe I was considering getting rid of all
the things I have laboriously collected over nearly 50 years.  Her
reaction really put it into perspective for me.  I also, after
estimating what it was worth, do not believe Icould get enough out of it
to buy the modern transceiver I want, and nothing less would be really
satisfactory. It would also leave me with no linear amp, no monitor
scope, no high power tuner and wattmeter, etc., etc.  And no test gear.

All this is not to mention the fact that it is unlikely any one
individual would be able to buy it all, and that is the only practical
way for me to do it.  I believe the cost would be too high for an
individual, and the proceeds too small to accomplish my aim.

Therefore, as I promised, I am posting a notice to the entire group that
the decision is not to sell.

Again, many thanks to all for your advice and assistance in this matter.

                                     73, Keith