On Heathkit documentation (NOT ABOUT C*PY*NG!!)

John Burch occupant at NS.NET
Sun Sep 7 18:48:48 EDT 1997

Sunday  09-07
Rocklin, CA

Heath-kitters:

I have had reason recently to need documentation for
a couple of newly acquired pieces of Heath equipment.
(Thanks Gary, and others <g>)

As the topic of c*py*ng certain items seems to ignite
controversy around here, and not being a controversial
kind of guy, I thought I'd share a nice experience with
you Heath-folk.

Somehow, someplace, somebody directed me to an outfit
in Sandy Eggo (large retirement community in Southern
California, recently cleansed of religious fanatics) that
seems to have lots of inventory, including Heath stuff.

I have purchased TWO manuals there, been satisfied
with the "handling" I've gotten, and wanted to pass this
information on to those of you who work on your gear,
and don't have time to contemplate various legal agenda.

These guys are:

        Manual Merchant
        2475 Loring Street
        San Diego, CA  92109
        linda_p at ix.netcom.com
        voice: (619) 490-9076
        fax: (619) 490-9075

A nice lady named Linda Perkins seems to handle most
of the phone traffic, and e-mail requests.

Other than a satisfied customer...(and for gawdsake, do NOT
tell her I told you to call; she's looking for me over something
to do with a check...<g>)

     "For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the
quality of life, please press three."
Alice Kahn, by way of Gary Harmon

de John
..