Proposed Heath WWW Reference Source

Keith Rowland k4kgw at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Sep 8 09:30:14 EDT 1997

Keith Rowland wrote:

> Gary Harmon wrote:
> >
> > John Burch, a.k.a., occupant, and I have been discussing the need for a
> > easy to use reference source for Heathkit part/model numbers indexed to
> > nomenclature/years sold/etc.  Nothing fancy to start with, e.g., look up
> > AT-1 and find out it was a CW transmitter sold during 1955-1958 or
> > whatever.  We don't want to start this project if someone else is working
> > it or if something already exists.  My son is a professional WWW page
> > designer so it will be classy and more importantly, functional.
> >
> > Comments please.
> >
> > 73,
> > gary
> >
> > =====================
> > Gary H. Harmon, Jr., K5JWK
> > 6302 Robin Forest
> > San Antonio, TX 78239-3218
> > (210) 657-1549
> > gharmon at txdirect.net
> >
> > Too Many Projects, Not Enough Time!
> > Better to Have and Not Need than to Need and Not Have!
> > Pack Unto Others As You Would Have Them Pack Unto You!
>      I have desperately needed such a reference many times since Heath
> turned its back on the ham fraternity.  Please do it!  I have quite a
> few manuals on the ham gear and some of the test gear and would be happy
> to provide a list and info from them should you need it for this
> project.
>
>                                Keith Rowland, K4KGW
>                                3096 Brooks Dr.
>                                Snellville GA 30078 (Atlanta suburb)
>                                770-736-6638

In an effort to quell the firestorm about m-n-ls,I offer the following:

My listing of the gear and m-n-l-s for it that I have was sent in
response to a query by Gary as to the feasibility of compiling a
directory of equipment and part numbers, etc., which I believe all of us
would find useful.

Had everyone read Gary's original query, it would have been clear that I
was offering to help with information for his proposeed compilation, and
NOT NOT NOT offering to sell or otherwise provide m-n-l-s.  As I have
expressed privately to those who expressed concern about copyright laws,
I have better things to do with my copious free time that stand over the
supermarket copy machine.  In any case, such an endeavor would not bring
in enough revenue to interest me.

LET IT BE CLEAR, NOW AND FOREVER, THAT I AM NOT IN THE M-N-L BUSINESS!!!

Also please note that nowhere in my communication attendant upon
providing the list in response to a request for it...NOWHERE was there
any mention of having m-n-l-s for sale.

I mentioned the difficulty of making copies for the benefit of those who
like to make a working copy of the schematic of the piece of equipment
they are working on in order to avoid the possibilityof messing up their
originals, which are largely irreplaceable, altho upon re-reading my
message, I guess I should have said this.  At the time, I thought this
would be obvious.

I hope all is clear now, and we can all go back to doing what we love
best...working on this stuff, collecting it, and even using it!

73, Keith