HW101 Problems

Sean Pratt mooware at SPRYNET.COM
Sat Apr 4 13:38:53 EST 1998

Greenies

I seem to be having a problem with an HW101 I purchased a few months
back.  I never even turned this radio on until a couple of days ago,
after I got it hooked up to an SWR meter and Cantenna.

Well, it's either ME, or there is a problem with the radio.   Where do i
start?  Hmmm,

Keep in mind there is no antenna yet, it's just hooked to a dummy load.

With the mode switch in the TUNE position, the meter switch in the PLATE
position, the meter slams full scale..  I mean SLAMS full scale. With
the mode again in TUNE and the meter switch in ALC, the mic/cw lever
fully counterclockwise, the meter reads full scale, as you turn
clockwise the meter heads back to 0

With the mode switch in the LSB, USB or CW position, the meter switch in
the ALC position, and the RF Gain pot fully clockwise the meter reads
zero.  Now as you move the RF Gain counter clockwise the meter starts to
read.  When the RF gain is fully counterclockwise the meter reads full
scale.

I went through the trasmitter alignment instructions, set the panel
controls as per specifications.  When I depress the microphone, I hear
the speaker clunk, and the radio click.  try to adjust the bias on the
right side to get the needle to the arrow mark.  There is no effect on
the needle at all, nor is there any reading on the wattmeter.   I am
assuming also that the radio is not transmitting.

Now I don't know, but to me this seems backwards.  Is there something
I'm doing wrong and if it's not me, where do I look for the problem?

Sean

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH