EU-41 blues/IG-52, -62 FST

MNHopkins MNHopkins at AOL.COM
Mon Apr 20 14:29:17 EDT 1998

It must be the depravity of man, I thought yesterday as I sat in church and
paid some slight attention to the preacher while thinking about Heathkit bench
power supplies.  I have several of those.

There is a pair of the IP-18s, like one sees on the bench in "Solid State
Design forthe Radio Amateur. "  I have a brown and a blue one so I can match
any decor and, when they break, I have a book and repair them with easily
found parts.  They are reliable old friends but, depravedly, my thoughts keep
going back to the EU-41a.

It seems Heath made a pair of these things.  They are larger than the IP-18s
and one is for high voltage and one for low, 0-15 like the IP-18s but rated to
750 mA instead of a half amp.  Mine worked great for a while but I broke it.
Now I miss it and its Octal output socket, but I cannot get it fixed with the
IP-18 diagram. It is just enough different to confuse my non electronic mind
(Amateur Extra and First Phone don't make one an expert, just show an ability
for standardized tests)

So I appeal for a manual or a copy of the diagram for an EU (Educational
Unit?) 41a power supply.

In other news, I am the holder of a clean dot generator model IG-52 with book
and a matching IG-62 sweeper for offers.  They were bound for the Belton
Hamfest when my '73 Chev threw a rod, leaving just 5.  I am experienced at
shipping if anyone wants these devices.  We can work out a price or trade for
receive converters or 6M items.

73 de ab5L, michael in dallas, student of Tecraft and International (ICM) ham
products and mementoes of Six Meters' Golden Age: 1957-58
Michael Hopkins
Box 226841
Dallas, TX  75222    MNHopkins at AOL.com

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH