Heathkit TC-2 Tube Tester

Jones, Steve sjones at BTG.COM
Mon Aug 3 11:34:10 EDT 1998

Attended the 48th annual Winchester VA hamfest this
morning. My prize was a Heathkit TC-2 tube tester
($15!!). Seems to work fine.

Does anyone have any experience with this unit? In
particular, there is a SET LINE adjustment that I guess
compensates for line voltage variation. How do I use
this? There was no manual and it is not obvious. On the
right side of the unit is a slide switch. Up position is for
ADJUST LINE SHORT and down is TEST. There is a
SHORT light. There is a meter that has a scale from
0-100. In the middle of the scale is a verticle line. On
the left side of the line it says LINE, on the right side it
says TEST. When I turn it on, without a tube, if I turn
the SET LINE knob the reading on the meter goes up
and down somewhat.

For all the tubes I tested, the SHORT light was lit with
the afore mentioned slide switch in the UP position. The
light went out in the down position.

Any help on this appreciated. Thanks.

Steve

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov