Heathkit Restoration Paints and Parts

Lawrence P Knapp Lawrence_P_Knapp at EMAIL.WHIRLPOOL.COM
Thu Aug 13 10:54:16 EDT 1998

     There has been some recent reflector messages regarding paint for the
     early Heath (Apache, Mohawk..., in essence the Indian series) and some
     of the later Heath (SB, HW...etc.).  Wal-Mart paint may be very good
     and perhaps very easily obtained.  However, in this day and age, I
     believe we should patronize places which, if we don't, may go out of
     business.  We should all recognize places "that have gone out of
     business" because people went other places....Heath, Allied....etc.

     I would recommend that before we patronize Wal-Mart (I really don't
     think THEY will go out of business soon) that another place be
     considered for paint and perhaps a few other items.  Regarding Paints
     for old equipment (Boatanchors).................

     R&R Designs, Marshall, Wisconsin, has advertised paints for most every
     old (and in some cases) more recent boatanchors.  They advertise that
     they have Heathkit, Hallicrafters, Hammarlund, Drake, Johnson, Eico,
     National, Yaesu, Kenwood, Gonset paints.  Plus they have some other
     items for radio restorers especially Heathkit.  These other items
     include:

     Heathkit drive belts for the SB & HW series; original power plugs and
     sockets; RCA jacks; SB200/220 modification kits; A Heathkit Technical
     Journal.

     They have an internet catalog; advertises and describes most all their
     stuff - address @

     www.geocities.com/researchtriangle/lab/4513/rr.html

     or call @ 1-800-372-4287 (Orders only)
               1-608-255-0400 (Technical support)

     Address:
     R&R Designs
     202 Midvale Drive
     Marshall, Wi  53559

     e-mail address:  rehummel at aol.com (for catalogs, updates and orders)

     Robert and Roberta Hummel ARE Hams, so they should be patronized as
     much as possible.  I hope they Don't go out of business.

     Larry Knapp (KC8JX)
     St. Joseph, Mi.
     "One of the X-Hams at Heath"

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov