Fuse for HP-23B

Ray Mack mack at MAILS.IMED.COM
Wed Aug 19 11:08:08 EDT 1998

This supply comes with a circuit breaker.  The empty holes you see were for the
original.  It has about 3/4 inch long red "button" to reset it.  Sounds like
someone may have broken off the button on the original and replaced it with a
single hole mount breaker.  I can't help with the value since I have never had
to deal with it.  However, one amp sounds way too low for a tube system that can
put out almost 100W CW.  1A @ !@) VAC is only 120W.

Ray Mack
WD5IFS
mack at mails.imed.com

Subject: Fuse for HP-23B
Author:  Joan and Ed Richards <jsrich at ROSES.SPARKS.NV.US> at mails
Date:    8/18/98 4:23 PM

Hi Guys:
I have been reading your mail and have downloaded some interesting things. I
have answered some of you directly when I thought I may be of help. Now I need
help. I am using a HP-23B power supply with an SB-102 transceiver. Every 5 min
or so the circuit breaker trips. Upon investigation I found the circuit breaker
to be rated at 1 amp. This seems light to me and it appears to have been added.
At least the hole on the front of the chassis it is mounted in is not factory.
The hole is shiny bare metal with burrs on both sides. Also there is a large
(~1/2") hole and two small (~1/8") holes in the back of the chassis with nothing
in them. Also appear to be added.
Can someone tell me what the original configuration was? Fuse or circuit
breaker? what amperage rating? Where was it mounted? A manual or at least a
schematic would be appreciated. I will pay all expenses of course. Thank you
very much. Ed Richards,   K6UUZ  email < jsrich at roses.sparks.nv.us>