Concern for one of our own

Steve Harrison ko0u at OS.COM
Fri Dec 25 17:30:54 EST 1998

At 01:24 PM 12/25/98 EST, Daniel T Ruth wrote:
>Here's a story that I'm determined to have end with a happy ending.
[snip]
>...Well anyway, one item - the unmarked SB-110A (6 Meter rig) manual was
>"won" by Dan Furguson (df at mnsinc.com).  But in the numerous responses I
>received, one gentleman in particular laid out a story that got my
>attention.  He currently had a SB-110A that needed attention and he
>yearned for a manual to help him see the project through.  (BTW, Dan
>didn't have a SB-110A, but he lusted after one and thought that
>acquiring the manual was a wise first step).
>
>I informed Dan of this gentleman's predicament and asked Dan if he would
>forfeit his "winner's position" to someone who was in need NOW.  Dan, to
>his credit, agreed that this would be a kind gesture to a fellow
>(Heathkit) ham.

Having dealt with Dan Ferguson very recently myself, I would also like to
commend him as being a gentleman and nice person. Dan recently sent me,
gratis, beautiful schematic copies for something for which I'd been hunting
with no success for several months.

Therefore, in light of the backup evidence from Dan Ruth of Dan Ferguson's
unselfishness and display of true Christmas spirit for fellow hams, I would
like to nominate Dan Ferguson, K4VOA, as the HEATHKIT Reflectors' Ham of
the Year (this includes HEATH-Tempe as well as HEATH-cyberventure and
HEATH-qth.net).

73, Steve Ko0U/1

P.S. I've got several other Heathens on my list of "great people", too, for
similar reasons. More than one person may be nominated should further such
evidence appear; any other nominations? :o)

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH