Chuck's book: "Heathkit -- A Guide to the Amateur Radio Products"

Robert C Jones w5tu at JUNO.COM
Thu Jan 1 02:16:52 EST 1998

Just wanted to pass along an excellent recommendation regarding Chuck
Penson's book, "Heathkit -- A Guide to the Amateur Radio Products".  I
just received a copy and I echo the earlier reports here... It's GREAT!
(Good job Chuck!!)

I am also glad to see that Terry, K8TP, has decided to reprint his book
"Heath Nostalgia".  I've had a copy for a couple of years and it is also
very enjoyable. (Terry, I went to college with Earl Harris, who tells the
Field Day story in your book.  Any idea where he is today?)

Below are the descriptions of these two books that Keith, K4KGW, included
in his Aug 3 message:

Happy New Year to all!

Bob Jones
W5TU at juno.com

(1) "Heath Nostalgia" by Terry Purdue, K8TP, l992, ISBN0-9637627-02,
published in Snohomish, WA, $9.95 postpaid (in l994), from -
    Heath Nostalgia
    4320-196th St SW    Suite B-ll
    Lynwood, Washington 98036-6754

This is a 124 page history of the Heath company.

(2) "Heathkit -- A Guide to the Amateur Radio Products" by Chuck Penson,
WA7ZZE, no ISBN number, published by Electric Radio Press, Inc.,
Durango, CO, lst printing l995. Don't remember the price.
This is a great book, a short history of Heath, info on buying and
selling Heathkits, the guide itself which gives the years each product
was made, along with a description of each one.  The original selling
price as well, tips on things to watch out for, the relative rarity of
each product, even the dimensions and weight of each one and much more.
There are also product indexes, both by model and by type, a section of
product references showing articles from CQ and QST inluding which
issues contain product reviews, modifications, and other good scoops.
Chuck's address is : Chuck Penson, WA7ZZe, PO Box 2414, St. Paul MN
55102.  (penson at SCI.MUS.MN.US)

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH