HW-101 Help

Jay Stratton jstrat at TELEWEB.NET
Sun Jan 25 04:14:38 EST 1998

Hello Van,
                 When I was a service tech I used a silicon spray made to
clean old turret style tv tuner contacts and carbon controls.  The product
was called Shield and was made by channel master. It only took one drop to
loosen the slug, any more created a big mess but it never detuned the coil
or caused any damage. Sometimes the slugs were in so tight they break
anyhow. If that happens I hope your junk box has a few spare slugs that
fit.

Jay

----------
> From: van lincoln <vlincoln at POSTOFFICE.WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
> To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
> Subject: Re: HW-101 Help
> Date: Saturday, January 24, 1998 1:57 AM
>
> GROUP:  Question that I'm sure all would like to know the answer to.  Is
it
> NECESSARY to worry about breaking up the slugs on old heathkit coils, or
is
> there SOME type of lubricant that can be applied before repeaking those
> coils.  The HORROR story below indicates that some of us do not know the
> answer to this question.  I myself have broken a slug in a new coil while
> building the kit.  I know that some of the slugs are tight.  I was
> wondering about WD-40, or Silicone spray, or vaseline?.... or ????  Just
> don't want to damage the coil form or deteriorate the slug in any way.
> WHAT SAY YOU ALL?????
>
> wd8aam

> >A I found out the main trouble is that the previous owner has
> >broken just about all of the slugs in the driver plate and grid
circuits.

> >The moral of the story is
> >that I would really appreciate anyone who has a 101 that is a parts unit
> >that can just part out the Driver Plate Switch Board, and the Driver
Grid

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH