OOPS!! - Double Trouble!!

Allan Stephens N5AIT MODSTEPH at ACS.EKU.EDU
Sat Jan 31 17:09:52 EST 1998

...or on the other hand, double the fun, albeit accidentally...

     I just heard from CX Board Member Jim Hanlon W8KGI that he
happened to tune thru 40 meters to find CX under way TODAY (Saturday,
Jan 31), one day early.  Only problem is that CX is tomorrowww...

     Seems that one of the published announcements put it out wrong.
How CQ got the wrong date on it I don't know - but of course it is
a respectable publication and of course it set up an early CX for
those whose source of info was only it.

     Which leaves us with the problem of how do we handle it?  And of
course the answer is simple:  CX was originated to encourage y'all
to restore and operate all those older pieces out there.  When we
started it we wanted to make it a low-key contest from an operating
standpoint, not something that wring you out over an extended period
of time, so we deliberately set time and hours accordingly.  We added
one hour to the oridinal eight-hour operating event, but never wanted
to go to two days - we all have other things happening in our lives.

     But I am delighted that there is a bunch out there firing up the
heavy metal.  So executive decision - go ahead and have a ball.  Send
in results from today and/or tomorrow: just indicate which day the
operating was on.  Figure scores separately for each day if you end
up running both days; for those of us who are on one day or the other
scoring and all is 973*&^*&&

     *sorry - machine problem*

     Anyway, send in your scores and stories from whichever day you
happen to operate and we'll count either.  If you go both days, separate

the two and score as separate events.  That should take care of it.
And of course, have a ball!  Remember this is for the fun of it!

     73,  Al  N5AIT

   modsteph at acs.eku.edu

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov