not all newbees are Evil, and you (each of you) were beginners once.

R. L. Blaney wb8mhe at BRIGHT.NET
Thu Jul 23 13:42:52 EDT 1998

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Shelley <shelleys at KALAMAZOO.NET>
    To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
    Date: Thursday, July 23, 1998 12:48 AM
    Subject: not all newbees are Evil, and you (each of you) were beginners once.

    Hi,
    As I sit around reading this list (and waiting for my first callsign to be processed by the FCC) I'm not feeling too great about all of this "no brainer" talk and assumption that all newbies are the root of all Evils on ham bands.
    I haven't even gotten out there yet and already I've been made to feel (as a Tech  NoCode) as if I am (pre)viewed as an idiot and a criminal.
    Thanks, guys.  Just remember, you were once new too.
    Btw, just because the test may seem simple doesn't necessarily mean all who took it are.

    Shelley (a HAM awaiting a callsign)
    Hi Shelley,
    Please don't feel as if you are a "newbie".  There are no "newbies" on the ham bands.  Only those that have earned the privaledge of being known by the proud tytle of "HAM" or "AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR".  So, now, and when you get your license, please, wear the badge PROUDLY.  You EARNED it.  What this is all about is that the arrl has, in the past, and now again, proposed some very damageing  changes, not to improve the Amateur community, but to try to improve their sagging membership.  Amateur Radio is the nations, ( and the worlds), oldest and proudest radio service.  Yes, I , as all other hams, were once beginners.  What we are trying to do is to preserve the service and heritage for those like you, in spite of those who want change, for only the sake of change, and not for the improvement of this old and honorable fraturnity.  Keep up the good work, and keep that dedicated spirit that got you to this point.  The rest will come, and I'm assured that you will have many enjoyable hours in your newfound avocation.  73 es gud hamming, de
    Dick, WB8MHE
    wb8mhe at bright.net