WTB HM-102

Ray A. Allen w2kbr at TOAD.NET
Fri Jul 24 10:41:00 EDT 1998

Hi Danny,
 Ok and thanks for looking.  And the number on the Blue and White is
a SERIES number, not a serial number unique to each unit. Heath ran
many different SERIES of their equipments, not only the HM-102.
Some Series are identical, others have slightly different "widgets"
but still qualify for the Product designator.  For example the HM-102
used at least 2 different meters, both supplied by Ideal Precision
Meter, but one had a small coil and a large magnet, the other used
a large coil and a small magnet. Both meters will fit in the same
meter case, but one case is "solid" while the other is usually clear
w/hole for bulb illumination.  The small magnet meter(large coil)
is generally used in the lighted meter.
Having said all that, I've been led to believe the small magnet HM-102
meter has the same electrical characteristics as the PLATE meter
in the Heath SB220.  HM-102s are usually easier to find, altho I am not
sure how many were made in that Series...which incidently I have lost
that series number again!!!!. Geez, I'll have to glue it to the
Computer monitor....darn.....
Anyway there it is......and I have NO actual experience with these
Series meters.
But a reliable source has provided the info and says it's true...
It's a good source so I believe it, hence my search.....
es 73 Ray
--

Ray A. Allen, W2KBR/3

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov