KC8KRN

Chuck K3FT k3ft at EROLS.COM
Fri Jul 24 18:01:33 EDT 1998

Well, we are well and truly off topic, but like heathkit.. your first ticket inspires
one.

Regardless of the fact that you (like me) might have had to wait FOREVER (actually only
8 weeks!) for your ticket to arrive in the mail OR you got instant results from the
internet, the feeling is the same.

The clang of the mailbox or the text on the screen...
Whether printed on paper or glowing in green..
The thrill is the same, whether young one or old,
MY CALLSIGN ARRIVED!!!!!!! Let all the bells toll!

I'm one of the gang! I'm an Amateur op!
My head is held high, my buttons will pop!
I finally got it.. my very own call!
(Pardon my noise as I run down the hall!)

No longer just listening.. NOW I CAN KEY!
Let me at that rig, no dinner for me!
A hesitant CQ followed by 'K',
(Did someone come back? What the hell did they say??!!!)

A contact ensues and a QSO is made,
through my self-induced shaking and the sweaty palms phase.
Then suddenly over, we exchange seven-three,
A kindly GN and 'dit-dit' sent to me.

I fill out the log and I note with a blush,
I DID IT! I WORKED EM!
(MAN! WHAT A RUSH!)

73 all..

Chuck k3ft

Even after 30 years.. I STILL remember!

sorry to get off topic.. Shelley kicked in the memory files.

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH