Heathkit Knobs

George Gleim george at QNQ.COM
Wed Jul 29 14:51:59 EDT 1998

Here's yet another hypothetical question for my friends in green,

Knobs keep showing up as a requested item.  And, for good reasons.  The
old knobs get lost, replaced with non-original, crack with age and
scratch easily.  So...  How does the group feel about someone creating
new molds (plastic injection molding) and reselling replacement knob
packages?  The early knobs should be rather easy.  Later knobs,
SB-series with metal skirts are another issue but perhaps possible.

I would invision a complete package of knobs for each product (a DX-40
package would be complete with ALL knobs like VFO/Xtal, Power/mode,
Plate, Loading, Drive...).  Selling knobs individually might be an
administrative nightmere.  What would you all be willing to pay for such
a package?

And, before anyone starts their napalm flame-throwers regarding patent
infringement, I would suggest that the Heath Company be contacted to
secure permission and/or obtain some kind of agreement be struck.  I
know that I would...

Metal knobs can also be easily fabricated on a CNC milling machine.
More expensive than plastic, but if the demand was there...

Just a thought, and I thank you for your opinions.

George
N3BPI

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov