Heathkit Knobs

Van Lincoln-wd8aam vlincoln at POSTOFFICE.WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Thu Jul 30 13:00:14 EDT 1998

I was wondering if permission is NOT necessary, as the knob shape and color
seems
to be generic.  If someone built a knob, who's to tell him he can't make it
look
the way he'd like to make it.?  The only thing I feel that couldn't be done is
to Market it using the "Heath or Heathkit" name.  You could SAY that it was
a replacment FOR
a heathkit radio, but you couldn't say it's a HEATHKIT KNOB, because in the
first sense you're describing the radio,
and in the other sense, your infringing on the TRADE NAME because you're
saying it IS their knob.
Just my opinion.  wd8aam

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov