List Server Status

Dave Kelley - AI7R ai7r at PRESENCEKNOWN.COM
Mon Jun 1 20:19:14 EDT 1998

Hi Gang...

For those of you who don't care about details....the list server should be
back to 100% by Friday.

For the net geeks in the group, I guess we made a change request to Internic
(if there is an Internet god, they are it) on Saturday to get everything set
correctly for our new firewall.  I understand that somehow we were actually
known under a couple addresses and it was okay until we cleaned it up on
Saturday...and at that point the systems that knew us by the wrong addresses
lost us completely.  Now that we are official it may take as long as 7 days
from last Saturday for the new information to propagate to the rest of the
net.  So, slowly we will see everyone have access again.  I may be off on my
description a little, but I'm a web weenie and not a network weenie.   Of
course, the network guys were still scratching their heads about something
when I left them....but I know they understand the importance of getting
things back to normal.

Sorry for the bandwidth that isn't radio related....but until everything is
working I will report anything that I see as a problem.

Now, turn off the big glowing tube and warm up those little ones and talk to
someone out there.

73

Dave
AI7R
http://www.tempe.gov/radio

For a positive presence known on the web...
http://www.presenceknown.com
Dave Kelley, AI7R

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov