SB-200/201 Tuned Input Questions

F. V. Encarnacion, Jr. fvencar at NTPLX.NET
Sat Jun 6 16:10:28 EDT 1998

Thanks to all the responses to my questions on the IM-18 VTVM and SA-2040 tuning tips. I've just picked-up an SB-201 with modifications to the input coils - appear to be increased capacitance mostly - definitely differ from values in schematic.  If the input coils are the original coils, I should have no problem reverting the capacitors to the schematic values right?

The other question is - how does one tune or setup the input coils. I understand they are for impedance matching, appear to be L-net or pi-net. Reason I ask is the 15 meter input was reportedly retuned for 12M. Could I try to put low power to the input circuits via an SWR meter and adjust the coil slug (with the SB-201 relay jumpered to allow sigs to the input coil and SB-201 power off) ?

Thanks.

George AH6BV