Firebottles

Joe Moell Homingin at AOL.COM
Tue Jun 9 08:40:41 EDT 1998

Daniel T Ruth <heathkit at JUNO.COM> wrote:
<<Did you mean Eimac is no longer making these tubes (but that someone else
still does) or that NOBODY IS MAKING THESE TUBES?>>

The Eimac division was sold by Varian to Communications and Power Industries
(CPI), but it still operates out of the same building in the Varian industrial
park in Palo Alto, CA.  Web site is the same:  http://www.eimac.com

CPI continues to make most Eimac tubes plus the big formerly-Varian tubes for
industrial heating, TV broadcast, radar, etc.  However, rights to a few "ham
radio" tubes have been sold by CPI.  From the CPI Web site:

<<...glass tubes highlighted ... are no longer made by Eimac and are now
produced by Triton Services, Inc of Dunkirk, MD USA. They may be contacted at
Triton Electron Technology Division, 3100 Charlotte Avenue, Easton, PA 18042.
Phone - 610 252-7331, FAX - 610 258-6279.):

       3-500Z
       3-500ZG
       3-1000Z/8164
       4-400A/8438
       4-400C/6775
       4-1000A

Triton ETD is the former ITT Electron Technology Division.

(Domenic M. Mallozzi)" <DMallozzi at AOL.COM> wrote:
<<I heard that the equipment from EIMAC's Salt Lake City facility was packed
into 40 trailer trucks and went to PA. I'll be darned if I can remember who
the PA company was. >>

As I understand it, it was the Machlett tube facility in Salt Lake City that
was bought by CPI/Eimac, then packed up and moved to Palo Alto, CA (not PA).

73 de Joe Moell K0OV

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH