HW-101 CW Keying

Rankin A. (Army) Curtis acurtis at INU.NET
Wed Jun 10 21:49:19 EDT 1998

Hi Ed,

I used to have a HW-101 many years ago, and enjoyed it very much. Like you, I
was not happy or comfortable using the VOX mode on CW, so I hooked up a foot
switch to the PTT line (don't remember now if PTT was available on the back
panel, or if I had to had another RCA phono jack for it), and operated CW that
way. Push and hold the foot switch to put the rig into xmit mode, and key away.
I found I had much more control over the rig this way, and it was especially
good during CW contests.

Hope this helps.

Army - AE5P
Nacogdoches, the oldest town in Texas