Question

Sean Pratt mooware at SPRYNET.COM
Sat Jun 27 21:50:34 EDT 1998

Gentlemen

I just purchased an HW-101.   I do not have HF privilages at the moment,
so I'm not transmiting on the air, but into a dummy load instead.  (In
order to check out the radio)

When I went through the tune-up procedure for transmitting.  One of the
settings call for the Meter switch to be placed in the "plate"
postition.  When you turn the mode switch to tune. the meter should read
at the hash mark (50mA).   It didn't happen, meter stayed at 0

At that point I stopped, and went to the transmitter align section.  I
set controls per specs, but could not get the meter to move in the
"plate" position, when I adjusted the BIAS control.   However, the meter
does move in"REL POWER" position

Even though I couldn't get this reading, I went ahead and set the BIAS
control fully counter clockwise, then turned it out 3/4 turn.

I finished to tune-up procedure using the "REL POWER" position and
watched.  Now, when I key up, the the HM-102 wattmeter reads 170 watts,
that is going into the dummy load.

My question really is,  even though I can't get the meter to read in
plate mode, do you think the radio is transmitting properly (Since I'm
getting a reading on the wattmeter)?

I hope the question is not as confusing to answer as it was for me to
write.

73

Sean

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov