WTB Counter, A simple Build your own kit 32Mhz versi

Fred Finster Fred_Finster at EL.NEC.COM
Mon Jun 29 13:14:20 EDT 1998

     Yes the K1MG Frequency Counter kit, is very simple to assemble.  the
     parts list is about a dozen resitors, 10 capacitors, 1 8 pin IC, 1 68
     pin socket, and 1 44 pin LCD.   The directions are very clear and down
     in a manner of assembling 4-6 components at time.  So I would HIGHLY
     recommend this kit for a novice homebrewer.   There is even
     intermediate check your work steps to verify that the hardware works
     before assembling more components.  These instructions are very much
     like the HeathKit style of a kit manual.  Use a 15-25 Watt pencil
     soldering iron.

     The aliignment was to find a frequency source,  A crystal controlled
     oscillator, a Tuna Tin 2 in my case running at 7.040 Mhz.  I have not
     even touched the frequency alignment capacitor C12.

     You need to buy a 20 pin header Dual row 0.25 square pin on 10th inch
     centers if you want to connect ribbon cable to it.  I just used the
     20 pin header to connect 3 micro jumper alligator test clips. +12V
     power (pin20), Ground (19),  Frequency input (pin 2).  You also have
     to provide your own plastic BOX.

     I am very happy with it, Mercxx.   It did not cost me a fortune and it
     allows me to tune up and adjust the old vacuum tube HF rigs like the
     Swan 260 or the Tempo One that I am working on.  Tells me what
     frequency the HeathKit Signal Generator is putting out.

     Good luck, and tell me how it works for you.

     Fred Finster WB7ODY  (408) 588-5726

K1MG Frequency Counter 32 Mhz

Blue Sky Engineering Company
400 Blossom Hill Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032

http://www.fix.net/~jparker/blusky/ccd.htm
This website has pictures front & back and the spec sheet.