unbuilt HC-1032 and factory-wired HCW-1032

Multi-Volti Devices multi-volti at SOFTHOUSE.COM
Tue Mar 3 01:37:50 EST 1998

Hello:

I keep seeing inquiries about unbuilt kits, and I forgot I have a bunch
of unbuilt HC-1032's as well as some factory wired HCW-1032's. This is
the "Octoport", a 'smart' serial and parallel interface box. Kind of
obsolete for most common computer peripherals, but I have heard of some
people trying to use them for serial data devices (dmm's, etc). A couple
of guys were trying to use them for slow data acquisition.

They are cosmetic 'rejects', labeled with their reasons. The reasons are
things like "crooked bezel", "missing Hong Kong sticker", "bad
touch-up".

They include dos-based software, a power cube and of course manual.

If you have any interest or if you have successfully used one for
devices other than garden-variety serial printers (pretty rare
nowadays), I'd like to hear from you.

Parts-wise, they have a Z-80 and SIO &  PIO devices. I think there are 3
dual channel SIO's, as it can handle 6 serial devices, and one
optionally uni- or bi- directional parallel device, and a serial port
interface to control the other ports via a dumb terminal or terminal
software.

I'd like $20 each (either version). + shipping.

Thanks

Murray

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov