hw-12 part???

Allen & Matt mattall at ULINK.NET
Sun Mar 8 14:45:40 EST 1998

Steve Lords wrote:

> i have an question about a hw-12  i have.
> the variable capacitor shaft comes thru a hole in the front panel is
> connected
> to a device that allows the tuning knob to rotate faster then
> the tuning cap.
> the capacitor shaft  fits into one side and the tuning knob onto
> the other side and 2 screws hold the device to the front panel.
> does anybody know what it is called and where i can get one of these ??
>
> i have another hw-12 that the tuning rate device
> is built into the variable capacitor shaft plus the variable capacitor
> has more plates in it
> so i know heathkit changed the design during the life of the hw-12.
> thanks
> steve
> wa7isl :)

Hi Steve and Group!

The device in question is a Vernier Reduction Drive.

I can suggest 4 places that might be able to help you.
     Antique Electronic Supply
             http://www.tubesandmore.com/

     Dan's Small Parts
             http://www.fix.net/dans.html

     Surplus Sales of Nebraska
             http://www.surplussales.com/

     Fair Radio
             http://alpha.wcoil.com/~fairadio/

Hope this helps

Allen

73 de Allen (KJ6XH) and Matt                      West Sacramento, CA
         mailto:mattall at ulink.net

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH