[HeathKit] Philosphy

Jim Lowman jmlowman at IX.NETCOM.COM
Thu Mar 12 19:08:48 EST 1998

> Gary Harmon wrote:
> >

> > I think Heath did two things very well:
> >

> > 2.  By assembling all the parts together, Heath made it fun and easy to do.
> > They even supplied tools (aka the little red nut-starter) or built-in test
> > circuits when needed and never assumed you had a labful of test gear or a
> > PhD in Science!

I remember buying a soldering station kit some years ago.  Heath even
took into
account that I might not have a soldering iron or gun to assemble the
kit, so
they provided detailed instructions on how to crimp the wire
connections, so as
to solder the kit with itself!  And naturally, they always supplied
solder.

I still have some of their packs of solder, unopened, as well as the
indispensable
nut starter tool.

73 de Jim - AD6CW

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov