RX-1 Service Bulletins

Ed Mosher wa8zvo at JUNO.COM
Sun Mar 15 18:27:13 EST 1998

Some thoughts on recent postings.

Re the inquiries on RX-1 bulletins.  I checked my Bulletin books, and
found that  Heath never published any Tech Bulletins on the RX-1.
Bulletins didn't start until the early 1970's, and ended in 1989.  Models
produced before or after those years were not included, unless there were
a number of them being serviced.

Another piece of trivia: I noted that someone had questioned the quantity
of HW-101's produced by Heath, thinking it was "a few hundred".  BUZZZZZ!
  WRONG!!
Heath produced over 27,000 HW-101s before they ended production.  And
there is probably at least one in every country allowing Ham Radio!

Also, the "spaghetti" story, to finish it:  The builder didn't have any
spaghetti with holes, so he hoped it was okay that he used elbow
macaroni!  TRUE STORY.

As a service tech, Tech Consultant, etc, I also saw more than one unit a
customer had mounted parts for a pc board on the FOIL side, because he
didn't want to cover the nice diagrams.  Problem: The unit worked
perfectly; but our QA guy could not let it go back to the customer in
that condition.  So we had to build and install a new board.

There's also a story about a "Time Bomb", but you'll have to read Terry
Perdue's "Heath Nostalgia" book for that one!  I will tell you that it
involved a service supervisor who was a deputy sheriff, and a call to the
bomb squad!

Ed Mosher
WA8ZVO at JUNO.COM         Formerly  "One of the Hams at Heath"
  "Corporations make decisions based on dollars, not SENSE!"

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH