For Sale: Unbuilt SB-221

RobCap RobCap at AOL.COM
Sun Mar 15 20:28:38 EST 1998

Hi Folks:

I'm doing some spring cleaning, and am selling an unbuilt SB-221 linear
amplifier.  The kit is a duplicate, and I'm making a little room.  This is the
work horse linear that delivers 2000 watts PEP and 1000 CW running a pair of
3-500Z finals.  The amp can be wired for either 120 or 240 VAC.  The kit is
completely unbuilt and unstarted.  The parts are packed in their original
undisturbed configuration.

In the interest of full disclosure, the kit has one oddity about its history.
It was kept in an outside radio shack out-building in Arizona, where
apparently some mice visited, and nibbled the top flaps of the shipping box
(can you believe it?).  Also, there were some mouse droppings inside the kit
on top, which I've cleaned up (kind of ten-year old petrified mouse droppings,
yuck).  The transformer comes in a separate box, and is untouched by man or
mouse.

Otherwise the kit looks perfect.  The panels are all wrapped in original
plastic, and the boxes are still taped shut.  The unit does not have the
optional 10 meter kit that Heath supplied with proof of license.  However, it
does include the spare manual for the SB-220 to facilitate adding 10 meters,
if the appropriate parts could be obtained.

I'd like to take offers on this kit until Wednesday.  The minimum amount I'd
consider selling the kit for would be $1000 (including UPS insured ground
shipping in the continental U.S.).  Also, given the sum involved, I'll hang on
to the kit until I've received a certified check or money order.  Please
forgive me, but I've just had my first experience of non-payment on the
Internet.

I'd also be happy to entertain offers that include other unbuilt kits.  I'm
particularly looking for the following kits: SB-100/101/102; HW-104; SW-7800;
SA-2500; SB-313; HO-10; HO-13; SB-620, and HO-5404.

It's rare that I ever sell a kit, but may have one or two other units for sale
in my spring cleaning.

Contact: "robcap at aol.com".

73,

Rob, W3DX