SB-200 age

Multi-Volti Devices multi-volti at SOFTHOUSE.COM
Fri Mar 20 04:35:37 EST 1998

Has anyone helped the guy yet? Lot's of humor, but all I saw posted to
the group that might have helped was a reference to date codes.

In case the original inquirer (I forgot who) isn't familiar with date
codes, if the see a part with other numbers on it (transformer, for
example), look for a 4 digit number.

For example, the plate transformer might say
54-237
549-7742

54-237 is the Heath part number, and the 7742 means 42nd week of 1977.

If the component in question was replaced at some point, it will
(probably) be newer than the rest of the amplifier. Therefore, look for
other components in the same vintage range. The part date codes will
approximate the age of the kit, perhaps a little on the old side
(anywhere from weeks to a year older, as a guess), because the parts
were in the stockroom beofre they were kitted up for shipping.

Murray

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH