GR-78 batteries FS

Dave Wood W4EJ at COASTALNET.COM
Fri May 8 18:37:20 EDT 1998

Hello Heathites:

In my zeal to restore two GR-78's plus accidently misplacing a package (long
story) I have two nicad battery packs suitable for the GR-78.  These are new
and are surplus to my needs.  My original post is below for reference.
$20.00 each.
73 Dave

Hey gang, I have been restoring two Heath GR-78's.  As many know, the nicad
battery packs are no longer available.  A very suitable replacement can be
had from E.H. Yost & Co.  part # AAUX81002 which is a Sanyo cordless phone
battery replacement.  This pack is in a rectangular package of two "four
cell" banks of 1000 mahr capacity which is twice the original.  It is
necessary to open the battery heat shrink wrap at the end opposite the
terminals to tap the 4.8 volt point.  This only takes a few seconds.  I
mounted mine by removing the top original battery clamp ring and then
sitting the new pack on the botton clamp ring.  Double sided tape then
secured the pack to the side of the battery compartment.  Worked out real
nice and works great.  Red wire to +, black to -, and white to the 4.8 volt
tap.  The new pack is $21.00 plus shipping and the phone # for Yost is
608-831-3443.  73  Dave

     ,----------------------.       High Performance Mixers and
    /    What's all this     \    Amplifiers for RF Communications
   / extinct stuff, anyhow?  /
   \  _______,--------------'           Chris Trask / N7ZWY
  _ |/                                  Principal Engineer
 oo\                                  Sonoran Radio Research
(__)\       _                             P.O. Box 25240
  \  \    .'  `.                     Tempe, Arizona 85285-5240
    \  '"        \                     IEEE Member #40274515
      '-| )__| :.  \                 Email: ctrask at primenet.com
        | |  | | \  '.            http://www.primenet.com/~ctrask

                       Graphics by Loek Frederiks

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov