Dayton Report

Dale Wentz KB9JJA heathkit at THEKEEP.MCS.ACCESSUS.NET
Tue May 19 19:59:16 EDT 1998

Well back and recovered from Dayton, My wife tells me I came home from
work monday, sat on the couch, and that was it. I was out of it. Guess
spending a week in Hawaii, and then off to Dayton was too much for me.

Well there where lots of heathkits at Dayton. Everything from a Conelrad
Alarm to a SB-9000, Wish I would have purchased the Conelrad, had a manual
and was in good shape. Did someone else pick it up? Didn't bring too much
Heathkit stuff home, picked up a IM-2410 counter, and another Heath AM-1
Antenna Impedance meter. Also found a handfull of unbuilt Heathkit RS-232
protectors. Thats it for the Heathkit stuff. Talked to a few people from
the list here, that noticed my call on my hat. Had a great time, brought a
bunch of new stuff home, had the little Z24 stuffed. Thought of leaving
the XYL there so I could fit a SB-104 station in the car, but she did not
like the idea too much, she was also not happy with the last min mods to
the convertable to get the beam I picked up to fit. Over all had a
wonderful time, and met a bunch of fine people. Wish I could have bought
more Heath stuff for the shack, but the pile in the basement waiting
restoration is large and I have not had time to work on any of it.

        Lots of updates to the heathkit web page to do, I will try to get
them done Wednesday. Tonight I am going to hook up some new 17 inch
monitors, and play with my new Icom PCR-1000.

        Next year we should try to organize some kind of heathkit event
for Dayton, Maybe something like a HW-101 restoration contest, or just all
get together for dinner one evening.

        My first year at Daytone was great, if you where there, and I
missed you there is always next year.

        73's de KB9JJA/Dale

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov