Firebottles

Domenic M. Mallozzi DMallozzi at AOL.COM
Fri May 29 21:17:50 EDT 1998

<< HEATH at www.tempe.gov >>

Regarding the availability of 3-500Z's. I have read somewhere recently that
the glass tube part of EIMAC-CPI's business was sold to a PA company. I heard
that the equipment from EIMAC's Salt Lake City facility was packed into 40
trailer trucks and went to PA. I'll be darned if I can remember who the PA
company was.

Maybe someone on the list knows more than I do or can recall details.

I was involved in closing and transferring the tube production equipment to
the new owner from Raytheon's Microwave Power Tube plant in Waltham MA a few
years ago. It was real gut wrenching. I used to play with some nice tube
stuff. I for a small period of time ran the test equipment engineering group
for that plant it was quite interesting. I was the youngest guy in the
department (I am now 43).

So much for trivia.

Dom
N1DM