NOT 2036 or 2036

Sheldon Darack shel at LUCENT.COM
Mon Nov 2 08:27:04 EST 1998

I've been watching this story become more and more interesting.
Unfortunately, you have the wrong model number.
You are talking about the rig that came before the 2036.  It may have been
the HW 2025, but I'm not sure if that is the correct model either.  It was
out for a short time and almost immediately recalled.
I bought an early HW2036.  It arrived Dec 24, 1976.
About a dozen local hams built them at them same over two or three months
and compared notes.  We were often chatting on 2 mtrs am as we worked on
the kits.  From time to time we consulted Heath to solve minor problems and
get new parts.
Mine is still on the air (daily).  (There is a police transmiter less than
1/4 mile away.)  I know of one  other of those kits that is still in daily
use.
Eventually, Heath came out with a four MHz mod kit, the changes turned it
into a 2036A. The original design only covered 2 MHz (actually we usually
got 3 MHz.)  I did the mod.  None of the changes involved emission
problems.  The 2036 was never recalled.  I chatted with Heath about minor
things over a couple years.  Again, the 2036 was not recalled.
Shel  WA2UBK

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH