Heath GR-78 receiver

Greg T. Miller gtmiller at ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
Wed Nov 11 16:11:19 EST 1998

Hi there,
        I'm new to the list, and I'm looking forward to plenty of good
Heath chat!  I own a TX-1, RX-1 and SB-10 along with a GR-78 receiver and
various test gear.
        The GR-78 I picked up at a rummage sale for $2.50.  It didn't
work, but that was from the dead battery inside.  I replaced the battery
using an 8-cell AA holder and 8 nicad AA's from radio shack.  The built in
charger in the GR works great with this set up!  I did have to shave a
little plastic off the top and bottom of the cell holder so the case would
fit without bulging, but otherwise it was an easy fix!
        I love my GR for camping trips!  I don't know exactly how long the
recharged set of nicads lasts, but it seems like a long time!!  I could
probably get about 6-8 hours of listening, but that's a VERY rough guess!
The only problem with the set is that the 20-30 MHz band is dead and the
Calibrator doesn't work.  Probably easy fixes, but I haven't had the time.

        - Greg

Greg Miller, EE student - Univ. at Buffalo, BIG Elvis Costello fan!
Hammonds: 2 M-3's, L-122A               Leslies:  45
Rhodes:   Mark I (73 key)               Gibson:   G101 combo organ

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH