A not so gentle reminder - HV is unforgiving

CHRISTOPHER W. (Chris) BOONE CBoone at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Nov 27 09:46:35 EST 1998

No, its because station management and bean counters sometimes dont
allow for more than one engineer at the site!.....I just became
Chief Egr of two top10 FMs in Dallas (#7 market)....and with the
new 35KW xmitter from Continental going in next week, I am always
being cautious!!!! You sometimes get more than one chance from
playing around HV DC.....but not always (14 years in Telecom with
a public utility in Texas did help me respect HV as well!!)...

ALWAYS keep your gear covered and safe.....I know Dave was working
on his amp and had to ignore some safety issues but one thought:

Work on rubber padding if you can (isolate yourself from ground)
and try NOT to touch more than one point anywhere on the unit!
Actually TRY NOT TO TOUCH IT AT ALL! :) Dont make yourself the path
of least resistance!

Chris
WB5ITT
CE - Jacor, Dallas
MIX 102.9 and EAGLE 97.1 FMs
ARRL Tech Spec. N TX
Heath owner since 1973 (401/303/600 still!)