Heath HM-15

John Dolan jdolan at EROLS.COM
Thu Oct 22 23:00:06 EDT 1998

I'm sorry Bill feels I was shooting my mouth off to the detriment of
others, I wasn't.  But listen-up Bill, the announced HM-15 giveaway with
no ground rules, but including free shipping and then silence and no
explanation for more than two days, got me wondering.

I half jokingly asked if it was a marketing test... then thinking he
might be sick or fighting a flood, I added that I hoped that was not the
case.  Bill responded immediately but privately that he had gotten 12-24

Then Bill publically accuses me of shooting my mouth off... I think a
marketing test is exactly what was going on.  There is no reason to get
hostile unless someone guessed what you were doing when you thought it
was your secret.

I think the dismal response of 12-24 (out of 699 list members) to a
giveaway including free shipping speaks volumes.  I tried to get him to
clarify what he meant by 12-24, but all he would say is most wanted the
giveaway.

I think we can safely lower our bids on Heath stuff since the demand is
not there even for free stuff including free shipping.

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff HEATH