For Sale: Unbuilt Heath Color TV

Robert S. Capon RobCap at AOL.COM
Wed Sep 2 16:42:38 EDT 1998

Spring cleaning continues.

For Sale: an unbuilt Heath GR-900 24-inch color television.  I'm selling it
because it's quite large, taking up four large boxes, and I don't have room to
store it.

This is a very, very nice kit.  It's private labelled "Bell and Howell", and
was offered by Bell and Howell as a color television course.  (But otherwise
it's a heath through and through)  It's built in stages, and each stage
constitutes a mini course on color televisons.  As I understand it, the unit
has internal test equipment, so that it can be aligned with a volt meter.  The
boxes are very clean, and the components inside are undisturbed in their
original state and pristine.

The unit comes with a front bezel, but does not have a case.  It's designed to
be wall mounted, or built into a console case, which Heath sold separately.

I believe the unit is complete.  I acquired it from a gentleman who purchased
two units many years ago.  This fellow built one and stored the other.
However, as with all unbuilt kits, the unit is sold as-is, because it would be
impossible to inventory such a complex kit.

I'm selling the unit for $325, plus shipping.  I will charge $100 within the
Continental U.S. (this is how much I paid for shipping to acquire it).  So the
total price is $425 shipping included.  I'll waive shipping for anyone who can
pick this baby up in Charlottesville, Virginia.  I'll ship upon receipt of a
certified check or money order.

You can reach me by e-mail at "Robcap at aol.com".

73,

Rob, W3DX